Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Violet #5

Yeah, I am both kind of busy and still feeling crappy, so not much sewing has been going on.  But I did make a new blouse for Easter, which I did not get to wear because the interfacing freaking bubbled again.  After thinking about it for a while, I pulled out my embroidery thread and French knotted the heck out of the collar like I did on my first Violet blouse.  And, of course, I like the blouse much better.


Here's a close up of the collar:


I couldn't figure out why I've been having issues with my interfacing - I use the nice stuff I buy online - until I re-read the directions.  Which clearly state not to add fabric softener when you are pre-treating the fabric.  Guess what dryer sheets are?  Fabric softener.  I hope that's what's been causing this problem.

Anyway, it's another Colette Patterns Violet blouse.  I wanted something new, but just wasn't up to fitting a new pattern, so I just pulled this out of my files and made it up.  The fabric is a cotton from Fabric Mart I got not too long ago.  Bright colors are all over the runway for spring, so I thought this blouse would be my nod to current fashion. (If you have read this blog long enough, you have realized that I am not much of one for caring about what's in style.)  The buttonholes are white, because I usually try to match them to the buttons not the blouse.  Not sure how others deal with that.  All in all, it'a a cute blouse that fits great and will get me through spring in style.


7 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Your violet is so beautiful with those french knots. Suppose I'll ever take the time to learn how to do them???

Sheila said...

Cute blouse and learned a new stitching term... French knots.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Are those French Knots or pick stitches? I can't tell.

Adelaide B said...

French Knots!

gingermakes said...

I love that hot pink! It's so cute! And the French knots are a lovely detail!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

I have heard that rule about buttonholes before. I usually match to the fabric but if I want them to stand out I use a contrast color.

Love the French knots on the collar! Great detail and great save.

THE "NOTEBOOK" TEAM said...

Missing your blogs. Hope you are feeling much better again. Just loved your Violet #5 with French Knots. Haven't seen them for years. Bring back some of the "old-fashioned" embroideries. All the best, Adelaide.