Thursday, June 28, 2012

Simplicity 9505

So, I have made one of the three things I wanted to take to Hawaii - the nightgown.  It took me awhile because I am having some minor complications from the surgery.  (My body is not entirely happy with the new levels of calcium and I am not feeling very well because of it.  My levels are normal, but my body is used to it being much higher.)  I ended up buying 2 pairs of shorts, and who knows about the dress.

Anyway, here is the nightgown:


Nothing fancy, but perhaps you might be interested in a close-up of the fabric.


Yup.  That's the Virgin Mary.  I was looking for a thicker cotton that was more modest for when I had guests over, and I had this in the stash.  If she can't protect my modesty, I don't know what can.  (The top photo is more true to color.)


4 comments:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

I am amused by the print. This looks like the perfect summer nightgown. I really need to make something suitable for guests who are not my boyfriend. The nightgown I default to in that situation is truly horrible.

gingermakes said...

Haha, love this! I hope you start to feel better soon. :(

Faye Lewis said...

I especially love cooking the vegetables that I preserve at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now all I need to do is get my summer supply of peaches. The pepper jelly sounds great but the strawberry jelly sounds even better.

Sheila said...

Cute night gown. I keep telling myself to take some time and sew up a few night gowns, but of course it goes to the way side.