Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Surgery Update and Sewing Plans

Hey!  I'm back(ish)!  So, I finally had my thyroid/parathyroid surgery and am currently recuperating at home.  So, they took three nodules out of my thyroid - no cancer happy to say.  They also removed the bad parathyroid that has been causing me all the trouble: tiredness, bone pain, depression etc.  I am currently trying to get my calcium levels up to normal, and once I do, I should be good to go and feeling a lot better.  Yay!

Sewing Plans:
I'm hoping that once I get feeling better again, my sewing desire/ability will return as I am taking a trip to Hawaii in July and would like to get a few things sewn for the trip.

  • New nightgown that I can wear in front of guests and not embarrass anyone. (Including myself.)
  • New shorts.  I'm going to give McCall's 6361 a try.



  • A new dress.  Maybe Burda 7513?  (The long version.)

Reviews of this dress haven't been glowing, but it won't hurt to make a muslin.  We'll see.




6 comments:

Uta said...

Glad to read that you got things taken care of. I had a wacky thyroid and needed radiation therapy when I was 18, and I remember how off-keel I felt. Get well - and sewing - soon!

gingermakes said...

Hope you feel better soon! Glad to hear you're cancer-free!

Faye Lewis said...

So glad you are doing well!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope you continue to feel better and better.

Nightgowns that can be worn in front of company are so tricky! I don't want to be dowdy, but obviously not sexy, and plus comfortable for actually sleeping. More challenging than one would think.

Sheila said...

Get well Soon.

Looking forward to your latest sewing projects. I want to make bermuda shorts, but figure the best thing is to refashion pants that I have.

Sheila said...

Get well Soon.

Looking forward to your latest sewing projects. I want to make bermuda shorts, but figure the best thing is to refashion pants that I have.