Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stuff

Last week was Rain City Rock Camp for Girls, which was super fun as usual.  In previous years, I served as a camp counselor, but this year I switched things up a bit and acted as a band coach.  (Counselors stay with the girls all day and help them get to all the places they need to be at; band coaches work with the bands to help them write their songs.)  My band's name was Toxic City.  They were nine.  And they rocked.  Their song was a dark little number about toxic angels, voodoo, dinosaurs, and goldfish.  It's one of my favorite weeks of the year.

I don't have any pictures of the girls (we like to protect their privacy) but my house is looking especially cute, so I'll post a picture of that.  Ah, summer time.  (I am thinking about sewing.  Really I am.)


2 comments:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Your house is definitely looking adorable! Very Dutch.

Faye Lewis said...

My problem with yokes is that I CANNOT get them to fit. The rest of the skirt fits perfectly, then I attach the yoke - it's ALWAYS too small/little. I don't know what the deal is - it always happens. Is this what is happening with yours too? What in the world am I doing wrong???