Monday, October 1, 2012

Starting Fresh, a Wadder, Comments, and Kindness


Today's post will have many topics; I have a few things on my mind.

* In order to help rejuvenate my sewing mojo, I am starting fresh.  All previous projects, challenges, plans, and plots are thrown out the window.  Everything that was dragging me down is now outta here.

* In that vein, I started a new project yesterday - a shirt - with all the best hopes.  A new pattern, a pretty rayon challis, and a spark of enthusiasm.  Turns out, the pattern was poorly drafted, the fabric not so suitable for me, and the fit all wrong.  WADDER!  I was bummed for a minute or two and then I just laughed.  What else am I going to do?

* I am not enjoying the "improved" verification system that blogger installed awhile ago to prove that real people are commenting (number and wavy word.)  I often have trouble making things out and get frustrated.  So, I have changed the way folks can leave comments on my blog.  You post it, I approve it.  This seems to be working, except now I get a ton of spam.  Knock it off spam peoples! Real people, thank you for your comments, they mean the world to me.

* So, I was reading a blog the other day that I really enjoy, and there was a comment by a woman making fun of another woman's (who hopefully does not read that blog) upper arms.  As a woman who does not have the most toned upper arms, I am going to go sleeveless until I die.  But most importantly, I am going to make an effort to be more kind in my thoughts towards others (and myself for that matter.)  I may have never written unkind things about other people's looks, but I have thought them.  I need to stop doing that.  What happens in my head does matter, to me anyway.  And I don't want to be that person.  Turns out, it's just as easy to be kind.

3 comments:

Uta said...

You're so right about letting go of wadders! Just because we have a useful hobby doesn't mean productivity is everything, right? I threw out a few UFOs in spring and I felt so unburdened.

Anonymous said...

What a good example you are providing of being kind to yourself and others - appreciate the reminder!

Cecilia

Faye Lewis said...

I could think kinder thoughts too. You have inspired me!