I've been looking at what I made this year (admittedly not much) and evaluated the different patterns to see where I should put my focus.
- Colette Patterns Violet: I made three of these this year and have worn them regularly. (Along with the two others I made last year.) I enjoyed sewing this pattern and since there are a few more changes I would like to make, I will probably sew some more.
- Nightgowns: I made three nightgowns this year and wear the hell out of them. I don't need anymore right now, so I mostly won't make more for a while.
- Simplicity 2245: I made a painting smock from this pattern that worked out quite well. I also just made a dress that turned out so unflattering that I'm not even gonna take a picture of it. The neck yoke is horribly sewn but I won't go and fix it because, while the rest of it is well sewn, my fabric choices were wrong. WRONG!
- Simplicity 2258: Meh skirt. Already gave it away.
- Vogue 8536: This was a knit shirt that I am not completely sold on, but I wear it fairly regularly. My husband loves it.
- Butterick 5753: Batwing knit shirt that is too big and I am too lazy to fix it. Still gets some wear, but I'm not loving it.
- 2 wadders that I am not even going to get into.
Turns out, everything I have made since my surgery has been crap or iffy. No wonder I am having motivation problems! If I don't have a success with my current project (simple A line skirt) I think I will go back one of my tried and true patterns just to make something I feel good about. Ahh sewing, how I love and hate you!
To leave you on a good note, I will post a picture from my recent travels. This was taken up in the mountains by Taipei.