Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Violet #5

Yeah, I am both kind of busy and still feeling crappy, so not much sewing has been going on.  But I did make a new blouse for Easter, which I did not get to wear because the interfacing freaking bubbled again.  After thinking about it for a while, I pulled out my embroidery thread and French knotted the heck out of the collar like I did on my first Violet blouse.  And, of course, I like the blouse much better.


Here's a close up of the collar:


I couldn't figure out why I've been having issues with my interfacing - I use the nice stuff I buy online - until I re-read the directions.  Which clearly state not to add fabric softener when you are pre-treating the fabric.  Guess what dryer sheets are?  Fabric softener.  I hope that's what's been causing this problem.

Anyway, it's another Colette Patterns Violet blouse.  I wanted something new, but just wasn't up to fitting a new pattern, so I just pulled this out of my files and made it up.  The fabric is a cotton from Fabric Mart I got not too long ago.  Bright colors are all over the runway for spring, so I thought this blouse would be my nod to current fashion. (If you have read this blog long enough, you have realized that I am not much of one for caring about what's in style.)  The buttonholes are white, because I usually try to match them to the buttons not the blouse.  Not sure how others deal with that.  All in all, it'a a cute blouse that fits great and will get me through spring in style.