Wednesday, January 16, 2013

McCall's 5989

Easy project accomplished.  And LOVED.  It's been forever since I've had a pair of pajama bottoms.  (Mostly for the reason that I can't have anything on my legs when I am sleeping.)  Since they won't be used for sleeping, they are heretofore referred to lounge pants. I never knew how great these would be for hanging out in after dinner.  What a fool I was.

I love swishing around with the extra wide legs.  I love the bright fabric warming up my winter evenings.  Oh lounge pants, I just love you.  I also love it when something so simple to make is going to get a lot of use.

Pattern: McCall's 5989
Fabric: A cotton quilting fabric I got on Main St in Ashland, Or.  Not sure of the name of the shop.
Sewing Details:  I did not open the directions, but I've made pajama pants and shorts for the family so I didn't really need to.  These are pretty long, so they have 2 1/2 inch hems, which I think looks cool.  I used a very soft 1" pajama elastic in the waistband.  To keep it from rolling, I just made tacks on the inside front, back, and sides.
Final Product:  I love these.  Super comfy and fun.  I want to make at least two more pairs.  


7 comments:

Faye Lewis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faye Lewis said...

Love me some jammies, oh I meant lounge pants. Yours are super cute too!

Uta said...

Very cute! I wear my pajama pants for lounging all the time, too.

gingermakes said...

Love this print! They look so cozy!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

What a cute print! These are definitely perfect for lounging.

Judith said...

A very comfy way to end a long day, lounging around in these! Great idea...J

Angela said...

Those are so cute and comfy looking! I feel the same way when sleeping, too!