Thursday, February 21, 2013

Inspiration: Orla Kiely 2013

So, I grabbed this picture of one of Orla Kiely's 2013 fall dresses from City Stitching with Christine Haynes:


Hello sullen young person.  I'm not that drawn to the fabric or styling, but you may see a faint resemblance to my kimono sleeved modified Simplicity 1693.


So if I extended the hem to right below mid thigh, I might have something cute to wear over leggings this spring.  Maybe. I think the fabric I choose is going to make or break this.  I'll keep the shorter sleeves because they are more flattering.


4 comments:

Sheila said...

Why don't you try it. I think you top would be perfect for a tunic.

Faye Lewis said...

I really like where the top hits at the hip. Its a nice fit.

Jean said...

I think a tunic length would be great! And you are right -- the fabric choice will be critical. Hope to see your version!

Angela said...

Ooo... I like your top! I need to go find that Simplicity pattern, not that I need any more in my stash. I think you should try the tunic length, too.