Friday, March 22, 2013

Simplicity 1693 (modified) Dress/Tunic Prototype

Ok, I finally have a prototype for the dress/tunic that was thinking of making using Simplicity 1693 as a base. Why is this a prototype and not the finished item? Well, honestly I'm not really into shiny polyester charmeuse. Although it's cuter than I thought it would be and is fine for wearing around the house. Oh, you want a picture.


Here is the Orla Kiely inspiration:


Here are the line drawings from the pattern I used.


Awhile back, I took view B and modified it to have kimono sleeves. I then lengthened it by 12" and there you have it. (I did have to take it in a little bit because I am not the same size I was when I made the original shirt.) I'll be shopping my stash this weekend to find a more suitable fabric.

7 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

I like your protype. That pattern has lots of possibility too.

Jean said...

Very cute and versatile look!

gingermakes said...

Ooh, this really works! Glad you found a good pattern base!

Andrea said...

I like the dress and I like the fabric.

stitchywitch said...

I like this a lot - great idea to lengthen the pattern!

Angela said...

Cute! It looks great and a fun print!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

This is really cute! I commend you for working with shiny polyester and making it look like a real fabric. I can't sew that stuff without puckered seams. You can make a ton of these in different prints and nobody will be the wiser!