Monday, April 15, 2013

Renfrew Top 2

I want it to be noted that this top was finished before the deadline of Faye's Essential Tops Sew-a-Long, but I had to go camping (as sometimes you do) and did not have time to photograph it. Although, posting the picture was far less important to me than the inspiration Faye gave me to finish my two tops in the first place.


The top is a little loose around the hips, which I think works better in my mind than it does on my body. The pattern is developed for pear shapes, and as I am an hourglass, I might want to take it in a little down below. Although, to be real, it doesn't really affect the wearability of this top. The fabric is a cotton/lycra obtained at my neighborhood fabric shop, Nancy's Sewing Basket. It does wrinkle easily (as was shown in my last version of this top) but I don't care. It's a t-shirt people, I'm not going to iron it once I step away from the sewing table. The sleeves and neck binding are leftover from the last top I made. I like that top quite a bit, but it's a little subdued for me. For this one, the only change I made was to shave a little off the shoulders. I may take off some more.

So yes, I have been off camping and it was awesome. We needed some warmth, so we drove down to Northern California. How do I camp with crappy arthritis you ask? We have a little Airstream. And I love it. I can crawl up in the back and read books if I am having a crappy day.


And here was the view from our campsite. So peaceful.




4 comments:

Angela said...

Nice top! What a lovely way to spend some time away... very jealous! :)

gingermakes said...

This is cute! I love the color combo. And what a fun trip-- I love Airstreams. :)

The Slapdash Sewist said...

It's a superhero top! Love the colors!

The airstream is just adorable. I grew up camping with my family but it was not always fun. I'd like to try it as an adult; a place to sleep that doesn't have to be put up might be a good way to do it...

Jean said...

Great top -- I love the mix of two colors. And how fun to camp with an Airstream! I'm not a big camping type, but even I might attempt it with such a cool Airstream!