Friday, June 21, 2013

Simplicity 3887

Long-time readers (since 2008/2009) may remember the T-shirt substitute I used to make all the time, Simplicity 3887 OOP. I never used to be a big fan of the T-shirt, so I used this pattern to create a ton of cute, easy to iron cotton shirts. Now that I am rebuilding my wardrobe, I figured a needed a new one just to keep the tradition alive.


This is just a cute, colorful shirt to wear on a hot summer day. I used a quilting cotton I bought years ago in Portland, and did look at the instructions since I had not made the shirt in years. I went down a couple of sizes than what I might usually make, since this is one of those shirts where someone was on crack when they decided what an appropriate amount of ease is. The only change i made was to take a teeny tiny dart out of the back neck yoke because it was gaping a little.


Nothing fancy, but I wore all of my previous versions of this shirt to tatters, so I imagine I will with this one as well.



2 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

I think one tell tale sign of a GREAT garment is one that that you like so much - it get worn to smitterines!!! There is nothing like a great tee (like yours)!

Angela said...

Love the print! I totally made this pattern way back when and I wear my shirt regularly, too. I totally need to make another one!!