Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Simplicity 5193

Simplicty 5193 is another OOP pattern (from 2004) that I made when it first came out. I've been wearing the original dress so often lately, that I thought I would make another one, but go down one size.



It's just a simple empire waist dress that goes on over the head with no zipper. I think the bodice is a little too long, but I wasn't particularly interested in fixing it this go round. I wear the older version all the time, so I'm probably not going to sweat the imperfections. I'm still not feeling up to par, and only have so much energy right now. I'm just trying to focus on simple things that I will wear a lot.

I did add a little embroidery to the bodice.


I made it up as I went along, and when I paused to see how this looked on, I really liked the simplicity of it. Just a little pop of color. 

The fabric is a stretch linen from Fabricmart, and this was such an easy dress to make, I just glanced over the instructions to make sure there wasn't something crucial I was missing. It's a simple, comfy dress to help me transition into fall. (Which I am in denial about. I am holding on the last dregs of summer.)


6 comments:

Sheila said...

Pretty dress and love the color on you.

Uta said...

I can't comment when reading you through bloglovin; I wonder whether that's normal (or maybe the same with my blog?). Just thought I'd mention it. Anyway, I love the dress! What a perfect, summery color and airy shape. Your little embroidery is the icing on the cake! (And so much more charming than machine embroidery, IMHO!)

Jean said...

I love the embroidery detail -- really makes it special!

Angela said...

Ooo... love your dress and the details! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I love this dress on you. I would never have looked twice at this pattern, but your's is so cute, I'm planning on getting it next time Vogue is on sale. (I'm finally commenting after just lurking because you wrote you loved comments in the post after this one. )

Adelaide B said...

The pattern for this is an out of print simplicity, so you might have to look on ebay or etsy for it. (I DO love comments, thanks!)