Friday, August 9, 2013

Simplicity 7086

Oh man, did I have the worst flu ever. Knocked me out for a couple of weeks. Feeling better though and had enough energy to make myself a new blouse. (My daughter was kind enough to take a goofy picture for me.)


It's Simplicity 7086, and OOP pattern from 2002. I made 3 versions back in the day, and still had two of them in my closet that fit me now. The pattern has a fun, vintage vibe that looks great with my Hollyburn skirts.



It's a pretty straightforward and easy pattern. I haven't made anything with a collar or buttonholes for a while, but they went along easy peasy. I always dread buttonholes, but only because I forget how fast and easy my machine makes them. (I am a big fan of the Brother buttonholes.) The pattern calls for an armhole facing, but I finished with self-made bias tape instead. The fabric is a mini-gingham that came in one of my Fabricmart mystery boxes. All-in-all a fun and easy experience. (Maybe one more in Liberty? Hmmm.)



3 comments:

Sheila said...

Cute pic and the top looks great on you. Glad you're feeling better.

Faye Lewis said...

That's a nice top and a great fit on you. That pattern just might be lurking in my stash

Angela said...

The top looks great on you and that it would look fantastic in a Liberty! I'm glad you're feeling better!