Here I am in the dress:
This dress was fun to make. Right now, my least favorite part of sewing is the prep work. (I hate cutting stuff out.) And this had a lot of pieces. But, once I got everything cut out, it was pretty straightforward to sew; I just followed the instructions. It's says average on the pattern envelope, and I would say that is accurate. There is a lot of hand sewing, but nothing complicated. There is supposed to be a ribbon in the collar to cinch it up, but I really like it just the way it is. I have some ribbon for it, and may choose to add it at a later date.
Here is the line drawing so you can get a sense of the details that don't show up in my picture:
The fit on this is supposed to be very loose, but I don't really like that. I choose the size that was just a couple of inches above my own measurements, and then took it in a little along the side seams. I did not make a muslin of this because I am a daredevil, and I figured the 40 million inches of ease would give me something to play with.
The fabric I used for this dress is an amazing linen I bought at Fabricmart earlier in the summer. (I have one piece of linen left over from that order. It's going to be an awesome top for Fall. I hope.) It was a dream to sew and is on the heavier side, so it should work well for the transition to Fall. I purchased the buttons at Nancy's Sewing Basket, my neighborhood fabric store.
I had a lot of fun making this dress, and hope to have as much fun wearing it. I'm trying to incorporate more red into my wardrobe. I think this will do.